Huwebes, Nobyembre 1, 2012

Ang Teacher Kong Idol


Almost everyone assumes they can teach but very few truly can. Teaching is something we are born to do, it is in our heart and soul and no one can take it away from us. We are one of those special people. I know there are a lot of tough times but let us not give up because our "kids" or students need us not only to teach them but to love them as only we can do.



I am a teacher. I teach in the classrooms. I have seen many people in many places. The secret in the art of teaching is that there is an audience waiting for you to perform, and the students are the appreciative audience.
 
I am a teacher.  I have been ever since I realized that this was my life's calling, my passion unfolded, my dream in life.  I don't become a teacher when I show up at school at 7 AM and then turn it off when I leave hours after school time ends.  I am a teacher every minute of the day, every day of the year, with every breath I take.

I am a teacher. I am passionate about teaching.  I spend hours every day at home thinking of how I can reach my children better (the students are all my children), how I can make their day better, how I can enrich their lives.  I discuss, reflect, and I dream bigger, better, and more every day.  I lead, I comfort, I support, and I dare to believe in all of my students and what they can offer to the world.

I am a teacher. I love my students.  I ride with them through their journeys in life; when they celebrate I cheer with them, when they grieve, I cry with them.  But more importantly, I teach them.  Every day they show up to school and even if they don't, I always continue teaching.  I see my job as an honor, as something only a select few do really well.  My job is not just a job, it is who I am. 
I am a teacher.  Through the course of the day, I have been called to be an actor, friend, muse, and doctor, coach, finder of lost articles, money lender, taxi driver, psychologist, substitute parent, salesman, politician, and hopes of faith. I am also those whose names and faces have long been forgotten but whose lessons and character will always be remembered in the accomplishments of their students.
I am a teacher. I am a warrior, daily doing battle against peer pressure, negativity, fear, conformity, prejudice, ignorance and apathy. But I have great allies: Intelligence, Curiosity, Parental Support, Individuality, Creativity, Faith, Love and Laughter all rush to my banner with indomitable support And whom do I have to thank for this wonderful life? I am so fortunate to experience, but the public, particularly the parents. For they have done me great honor to entrust me their greatest contribution to eternity, the children, my students.
I am a teacher… and I thank God for it everyday.

 



















Teachers reach out to anyone that enters their worlds, and they impact every single aspect of the children's life.  Support them, cherish them, and right now, fight for them and their rights.  They are here to help the children, and eventually the country, succeed and grow.


*Credits to:

Alan Emrich, Dr. Ma. Lourdes Mackay Palcuto,

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento